The six finalists in Romania’s Selectia Nationala have been chosen.
The semi-final of Romania’s national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, aired tonight with the 12 shortlisted acts performing their songs.
Once the 12 acts performed their entry, the jury, including Romania’s 2013 Eurovision Song Contest representative, Cezar, selected their four top songs to move into Sunday’s final.
Zoli Toth, who represented Romania at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 was also on tonights jury.
A further two songs were selected to advance via a public vote out of the eight remaining songs.
Amongst the qualifiers tonight was Romania’s Eurovision Song Contest 2006 representative, Miahi Traistariu. His song Tornero earn the country a 4th place finish ten years ago.
Ovidio Anton topped the jury scoring, picking up 54 points.
Selectia Nationala 2016 qualifiers (in bold):
- Florena – Behind the shadows (Jury qualifier)
- Gasca de Acasa – Tu esti povestea
- Jukebox – Come on everybody
- Vanotek ft. The Code & Georgian – I’m coming home (Public qualifier)
- Irina Popa – Letting go
- Dream Walkers – Let it shine (Jury qualifier)
- Ovidiu Anton – Moment of silence (Jury qualifier)
- Andra Olteanu – Nai nai
- Mihai Bajinaru – Never too late
- MIHAI – Paradisio (Jury qualifier)
- Xandra – Superhuman
- Doru Tordorut ft. Irina Balant – The voice (Public qualifier)
The six qualifying acts will perform again in Sunday’s final. The result in the final will be solely down to the public.
Last year, Romania were represented by the band Voltaj. After making it through their semi-final, the group finished 15th in the final.
Their bilingual entry, De la capat/All over again, picked up 35 points.