The 2016 Eurovision host city Stockholm is gearing up to welcome the Eurovision Song Contest next May. The City of Stockholm is working round the clock in order to showcase an extraordinary event. Eurovision fans will be in for a treat as they will be pampered when they land in the majestic Swedish capital.
The plans for the EuroClub and Euro Fan Café at Skeppsholmen are shaping up. During the forthcoming 2016 Eurovision Song Contest ,a new concept for Euro Fan Café will be presented, meaning that OGAE-fans and fans with press accreditation will have access to the EuroClub. For the first time, fans will be invited to the Welcome Party and After Show Party.
The Head of the Euroclub and Euro Fan Café Linnea Rosen is very pleased with the outcome and comments:
We want to present the fans with the best conditions for a successful time in Stockholm. By building EuroClub and Euro Fan Café next door, we will achieve many highly anticipated synergies for Eurovision fans. We will host 3,000 accredited fans at EuroClub, in addition to delegations, media and artists every day,
Euro Fan Café will consist of three rooms on two floors with different concepts and four bars; A large lounge room in two floors with a stage and two bars, a smaller room with a bar and stage, as well as an outdoor terrace with a bar.
The fans are an important part of our content group. Together with the Swedish Melodifestivalklubben and OGAE, we have developed both the concept and content for the Euro Fan Café. We have been planning the overall program together. Everything has been taken into account; the DJs who will perform, the questions which will be asked during quiz and the best time for the Eurovision bingo. There will also be a lot of dancing!
In the evenings the Euro Fan Café and EuroClub will be integrated from 8 pm onwards. All accredited fans and fan media will be able to move freely between the two premises. Euroclub will accomodate three addiotional bars and a large stage where the participating artists will perform.
- EuroClub and Euro Fan Café will be open from 2 to 14 May.
- EuroClub access is included in the accreditation of journalists, artists and delegations.
- 3,000 Fans-accreditations valid for EuroClub and Euro Fan Café will be sold to OGAE-members.
How will it work?
Registration will open from March 15 to 31 and will take place following steps:
- Registration via the web form on Stockholm.se/euroclubaccreditation for notification to purchase accreditation for the entire period.
- Payment and retrieval of the Fans-accreditation to EuroClub and Euro Fan Café wi occur in Stockholm, at the Globe Arena, next to the press center at Hovet. The accreditation center will open on 4 April.
The 2016 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 10, 12 and 14 May at the Globen Arena in Stockholm.