The ESCToday National Chart is a chart that predicts who is going to win a national selection based on various reactions and rankings, before the selection kicks off. As Eesti Laul 2016 will kick off tonight, it is time to see who has the best chances to win among the participating songs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- YouTube Ranks (30%) – Based on the various ‘my personal top’ recaps that are uploaded to YouTube. The act with the highest average ranking gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- YouTube Views (30%) – Based on the popularity of the songs and artists based on the view count of the official videos or the video with the highest amount of views in case there is no official video. The act with the highest amount of views gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- ESCToday’s Poll (30%) – Based on our readers’ and followers’ opinions who voted in the poll we have launched earlier this week. In case of a tie, all songs with the same amount of votes get the average amount of points (for example three songs sharing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will get 29 points each)
- ESCToday’s Team Opinion (10%) – Based on the team’s opinions regarding each entry and its chances to win the national selection
|1||Laura – Supersonic||30||28||30||10||98|
|2||Grete Paia – Stories untold||28||25||29||9||91|
|3||Jüri Pootsmann – Play||29||20||28||10||87|
|4||Cartoon & Kristel Aaslaid – Immortality||26||30||23||7||86|
|5||Mick Pedaja – Seis||24||22||25||8||79|
|6||Würffel – I’m facing north||20||14||26||4||64|
|7||I Wear* Experiment – Patience||25||6||23||7||61|
|8||Gertu Pabbo – Miljon korda||16||24||17||1||58|
|9||Indrek Ventmann – Hispaania tüdruk||12||29||6||6||53|
|10||Go Away Bird – Sally||18||16||8||6||48|
|11||Kéa – Lonely boy||15||18||11||3||47|
|12||Kati Laev & Noorkuu – Kaugel sinust||22||12||6||5||45|
|13||Põhja-Tallinn – Ei ole mul olla||6||26||4||5||41|
|14||Anett Kulbin – Strong||8||10||20||2||40|
|15||Púr Múdd – Meet halfway||14||4||14||8||40|
|16||La La Ladies – Unikaalne||5||15||14||4||38|
|17||Windy Beach – Salty wounds||10||8||11||9||38|
|18||Zebra Island – How many times||4||5||17||3||29|
|19||The Jingles – Love a little bit||1||2||2||2||7|
|20||Meisterjaan – Parmupillihullus||2||1||1||1||5|
- The clear top three are Laura, Grete Paia and Jüri Pootsmann with Laura being the top favourite for winning Eesti Laul 2016.
- Cartoon & Kristel Aaslaid got the first place among the views with more that a million views, placing them on the fourth overall place.
- The Jingles and Meisterjaan are placed in the bottom two in each of the factors in the chart.
Laura – Supersonic: Winner of Estonia’s ESCToday National Chart