The Slovene national final for Eurovision 2016, EMA, will take place on 27 February. The artists were already revealed, but now we also know with which song they are going to participate and who stands behind each song.
This is the full lineup of EMA 2016 (in brackets – composers, lyricists, producers):
- Anja Baš – What if (Anja Baš, Franci Zabukovec)
- Anja Kotar – Too cool (Anja Kotar, Pascal Guyon)
- D Base – Spet živ (Alex Volasko, David Domanič, Nejc Žehelj, Benjamin Dolić)
- ManuElla – Blue and red (Manuella Brechko, Marjan Hvala, Leon Oblak)
- Nuša Derenda – Tip top (Žiga Pirnat, Andraž Gliha)
- Raiven – Črno bel (Tadej Košir, Jernej Kržič, Sara Briški Cirman)
- Regina – Alive in every way (Aleksander Kogoj, Jon Dobrun)
- San Di EGO – Brez tebe (Nino Ošlak, Igor Pirkovič, Sergej Škofljanec, Matija Ajdič, Martin Rozman, Jore Doles)
- Sebastian Lukovnjak – Tales of tomorrow (Martin Bezjak, Tadej Jambrovič)
- Žan Serčič – Summer story (Žan Serčič)
The songs are expected to be released shortly before the national selection will take place.
EMA 2016 will be hosed by Klemen Slakonja. The winner will be chosen by two rounds of voting: in the first round, an expert jury will pick the top two entries that will qualify to the superfinal. In the superfinal, televoting will be used to decide who will represent Slovenia in Stockholm.