Tonight, the annual Swedish music programme Inför Eurovision Song Contest will kick off this evening hosted by the Swedish national broadcaster, SVT.
Inför Eurovision Song Contest is an annual music programme which takes place before the Eurovision Song Contest.
The programme features a panel made up of a number of music and media experts from around Sweden who will listen to each of the upcoming Eurovision contestants and their songs, who will then go on the score their entries.
There will be 4 weeks’ worth of shows with both Eurovision semi-finals being split into 2 halves. This year’s show will be hosted by Sarah Dawn Finer alongside Melodifestivalen supervisor Christer Björkman and will feature 3 panellists; Kristin Amparo, Tess Merkel and Eric Saade.
Inför Eurovision schedule
- 21/04: Programme 1 (First half of semi-final 1: Moldova, Armenia, Belgium, the Netherlands, Finland, Greece, Estonia and FY
- R Macedonia featuring automatic qualifiers France and Australia)
- 28/04: Programme 2 (Second half of semi-final 1: Serbia, Hungary, Belarus, Russia, Denmark, Albania, Romania and Georgia featuring automatic qualifiers Spain and Austria)
- 05/05: Programme 3 (First half of semi-final 2: Lithuania, Ireland, San Marino, Montenegro, Malta, Norway, Portugal and the Czech Republic featuring automatic qualifiers Italy and the United Kingdom)
- 12/05: Programme 4 (Second half of semi-final 2: Israel, Latvia, Azerbaijan, Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland, Cyprus, Slovenia and Poland featuring automatic qualifier Germany)
The second, third and fourth show will also feature this year’s Swedish representative Måns Zelmerlöw along with his preparations for the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest.
Each of the Inför Eurovision shows will take place on Tuesdays at 21:00 CEST. You can find out more at svt.se/melodifestivalen.