This Sunday, Irish broadcaster RTÃ�, is to broadcast the first of the three Eurovision: Countdown shows for 2009.
Eurovision: Countdown is the programme made by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) every year since 2007. It shows clipsof all the preview videos for each country at the Eurovision Song Contest in the current year, features from the host country, interviews inclusive oflast year's winnerand lots more Eurovision facts.
Onlya fewnational broadcasters choose to air the three 30 minute shows each year as it is optional to broadcast. The show is hosted by SVT's (Swedish broadcaster) Jovan Radomir who hosted the show last year, and russian host Yana Churikova who co-presented this years russian national final.
The three Eurovision: Countdown shows will be shown weekly on RTÉ beginning this Sunday and the first will betransmitted liveonline to a worldwide audience. Other shows will be broadcast online locally.
The three time slots on RTÉ are:
- Sunday, April 26th at 18:30 CET (17:30 local time)
- Sunday, May 3rd at 18:30 CET (17:30 local time)
- Sunday, May 10th at 18:30 CET (17:30 local time)
Where to watch?
- RTÉ ONE television in Ireland
- Webcast: click here (available worldwide) and will become live at 18:30 CET.