De Toppers, who have been chosen internally to represent the Netherlands at the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow, Russia, revealed the titles of the six songs they will sing at the Nationaal Songfestival on the 1st of February.
As reported earlier by esctoday.com here, the locally famous trio, made up of Gordon, René Froger and Jeroen van der Boom, received 365 songs. Initially, they selected 20 potential songs, of which the following six will 'compete':
- Our night, written by Rutger Kanis and Robert Dorn
- No one loves me like you, written by Rob le Cardinale
- Shine, written by Bas van den Heuvel and Ger van de Westelaken
- Angels of the light, written by Edwin de Groot, Edwin van Hoevelaak and Bruce R.F. Smith
- Everybody can bea star, written by Ferdi Bolland
- Three is the magic number, written by Kees Tel and Christiaan Hulsebos
Bruce R. F. Smith was one of the writers of My impossible dream, the Dutch entry at the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest. Ferdi Bolland was one of the writers of Colorado, the Dutch entry at the1979 Eurovision Song Contest.Bas van den Heuvelwas one of the writers of Your heart belongs to me,this year'sDutch entry.
The winning song will partly be selected through televoting and partly through the involvement of juries in each of the 12 provinces of the Netherlands. Remarkably, promotion of the songs is not allowed until the national selection on the 1st of February. It is unlikely that this will have any consequences for Everybody can bea star, which was heavily promoted in the lead up the announcement.