Tonight, the 2015 Austrian national selection, Wer singt für Österreich?, continued with show number two. The show was broadcast via the Austrian national broadcaster ORF.
During tonight’s show, the 6 acts which qualified from last week’s show took to the stage for a second time where they were asked to showcase their vocal talents.
The artists perform 2 songs each, of which was a mixture of cover singles as well as their own compositions.
Although a public/jury vote did not take place and no artist was eliminated from tonight’s show, the audience were given the chance to vote for the act they thought stood out to them following the showcase. The audience vote from tonight’s show will have no effect on the final results of the national selection.
Below is a list of the artists along with the 2 songs they performed during tonight’s show. The first song listed is the cover song each act performed whilst the second song listed is the surprise song each act chose to perform.
- Celina Ann – Empire state of mind / Roxanne
- Dawa – Bitter sweet symphony / Saloon
- Folkshilfe – Just the way you are, Let’s get loud, Hangover, Danza kuduro, Monsta, Sexy and I know it, Firework (Medley) / Loss da helfn
- Johann Sebastian Bass – Stronger / Marmelade skies
- The Makemakes – I shot the sheriff / Blauschkopf
- Zoe – Something / On my own
The top 3 from tonight’s show as decided by the audience were The Makemakes, Celina Ann and Folkshilfe. You can check out all of tonight’s performances here via the songcontest.orf.at website.
During next week’s show, which will take place on the 6 March, the 6 acts will perform 2 of their potential Eurovision entries to the public for the first time. These entries will then be performed again the next day (7 March) at a special concert in Vienna – the ORF Eins Klubconzert. You can read more about the special upcoming concert here.
Wer singt für Österreich? schedule
20/02: Show 1 (16 acts perform; 6 acts proceed to next phase) 27/02: Show 2 (6 acts showcase their vocal talent)
- 06/03: Show 3 (6 acts perform 2 songs each; 12 songs premiered)
- 13/03: Grand Final (6 acts perform their own entries; Winner decided)