Live coverage of Festival da Canção.Tonight, at 22:45 CET, the Portuguese broadcaster will be holding the traditional Festival da Canção to select the Portuguese entry to the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki.
The show just began, RTP tries to provide a modern showa mix of concert café and coreographic chaos are these reasons to stay tuned? Even if not, the selection of the oldest nonwining country certainly is.Nevertheless the opening act seemed to be lacking on eurovision inspiration.
10 songs in a democratic quest for a ticket to Helsinki. For the first time in 43 selections, the televoting will decide which entry RTP will send to Finland.
The running order is going to be as follows:
- Edmundo Vieira & Filipa Cardoso –Desta vezPlus: some portuguese sound there Minus: hit the notes is definitely necessary…
- Marta Plantier & Os Corvos –Piano piano Plus: a tiny little jazzy Minus: harmony? melody? Where are thou?
- Luiz & A Lata –AipodePlus: some overseas rhythms Minus: vocals
- Sabrina –Dança Comigo (vem ser feliz)Plus: happy Minus: a bit repetitive
- Diogo T- Chega… foi demais! a vocalist quite left alone with his guitar on stage
- Triburbana-Dá-me a luaPlus: great combinationMinus: some note hiting there needed
- Melo D & Elaisa –Será cedo?Plus: good mix of voices Minus: no harmony
- Teresa Radamanto –Ai de quem nunca cantouPlus: some stregth in here Minus: vocals needing back singers
- Vanessa & Henrique Feist- Além do sonhoPlus: a melody developing Minus: a broken melody
- Zé P-A ilha Plus: José Cid revival Minus: José Cid revival
The Portuguese audience has chosen: Sabrina singing "Dança Comigo"