RTSH, the Albanian national broadcaster, has requested submission of songs for the 52 edition of Festivali i Këngës, the show that selects the song to represent Albania at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.
The national broadcaster has already started with the preparations of the Albanian national music festival, Festival i Këngës 2013.
The artists can submit their entries at 8th and 9th of October at the RTSH studios. Later in the month a professional jury will select the songs that will participate in the 52 edition of Festivali i Këngës.
Festivali i Këngës 52 will most likely be held at the Pallati i Kongreseve in Tirana around the Christmas time.
The participation rules:
- The song has to be completely finished and recorded in a CD
- The lyrics have to be finished
- The artist has to deliver a profile picture
- An artist can compete at the festival only with one entry
- The artist has to be older than 16 years
- A songwriter can have only one song in the competition
- A lyricist can write maximum two songs for the festival
- The artist or the songwriter has to deliver the entry at the 8th or 9th of October at the RTSH studios, from 9.00 pm until 14.00 am.
It’s not mentioned but it’s a standard rule of Festivali i Këngës that the songwriters has to be Albanian.
Bledar Sejko & Adrian Lulgjuraj have represented Albania at this years Eurovision Song Contest held in Malmö with their entry called Identitet. Unfortunatly the Albanian rock stars did not mange to qualify for the big final.
Albania had their best ever result at this years Eurovision in Baku, when Rona Nishliu finished 5th with her ballad Suus.
Watch below the promo clip where RTSH makes an open call for songs.