Tonight, the Portuguese viewers and jury decided who will represent their country in the 51st Eurovision Song Contest: Nonstop, a Portuguese girl band, will travel to Athens in May with the uptempo song Coisas de nada.
The voting of the 10 songs taking part at the 2006 Festival da Canção at the Lisbon Congress Centre was as follows (jury + televoting):
1. Nonstop – Coisas de nada – 12+10=22 points
2. Vânia Oliveira – Sei quem sou (Portugal) – 10+12=22 points
3. Cuca – As minhas guitarras – 7+8=15 points
4. Natalie Insoandé – Durmo com pedras na cama – 8+4=12 points
5. Lara Afonso – Alma nova – 6+2=8 points
6. Bruno Nicolau – Um dia direi – 5+3=8 points
7. Ricardo Moraes – Nunca mais te digo adeus – 3+5=8 points
8. Beto – O amor é uma fonte – 2+6=8 points
9. Maria Folia – Bem mais além – 1+7=8 points
10. Madison Lucia – Na noite és tu e eu – 4+1=5 points
The outcome of the voting was a mixing televoting and jury. Once there was a tie between Vânia Oliveira and Nonstop, the girls band was declared winners for having received the maximum points from the jury.
Because 2B came 17th with 51 points in Kyiv, Portugal has to enter the semifinal of the 51st Eurovision Song Contest.