The English version of the 2013 Croatian Eurovision entry Mizerja- Hard Times has been released.
Where does Klapa from Sea live? Croatian version Mizerja courtesy of National Croatian Tourist Board
Klapa s mora will represent Croatia at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest with Mizerja. Croatia will compete in tbe Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Semifinal 1 on 14 May and will perform in 4th place.
The Klapa s Mora ensemble consists of:
- First tenor – Marko Škugor, from klapa Kampanel
- Second tenor – Ante Galić, from klapa Sinj
- First baritone – Nikša Antica, from klapa Kampanel
- Second baritone – Leon Bataljaku, from klapa Crikvenica
- Bass – Ivica Vlaić, from klapa Sebenico
- Bass – Bojan Kavedžija, from klapa Grdelin
Maestro Mojmir Čačija selected the lucky artists and he is responsible for the vocal arrangement. Producer Nikša Bratoš, along with Dragan Brnas, made the arrangement of the song.
HRT, the Croatian national broadcaster, confirmed to esctoday.com last January that a special HRT jury selected the 2013 Croatian entry, titled Mizerja (Misery or Sadness). The song is composed by Goran Topolovac, who hails from Duga Resa.
Croatia debuted at the 1993 Eurovision Song Contest with Put’s Don’t ever cry. The country is yet to win the contest and their best placing at Europe’s favourite television show was in 1996 with Majda Blagdan and in 1999 with Doris Dragovic, achieving a 4th placing.