The European Broadcasting Union expressed its dissatisfaction with the way ticket sales for this year's Eurovision Song Contest was carried out by host broadcaster NTU.
At yesterday's NTU press conference, Eurovision Song Contest supervisor Svante Stockselius said that he was not happy with the ticket sales. “We will do whatever we can to prevent this situation next year”, he said. The EBU is working on a possible solution. Ticket buyers, or at least the ones that tried to buy a ticket, suggest more EBU involvement with the ticket sales, which is the responsibility of the host broadcaster at this moment.
Fans experienced big problems with buying tickets. After the ticket sales was postponed earlier this year, the payment side of the ticket sales partner Olvia experienced problems, which often made it impossible to pay.
Nevertheless, Stockselius also expressed his enthusiasm about the organisation of the event in general. “The stage is great, the press centre is the biggest one the contest probably ever had and the Ukrainians are very eager to make this contest a success”, the supervisor earlier said to esctoday.com.
An EBU press conference has been rescheduled to take place on Friday, where more information about the 50th anniversary show will be provided.