The submission window for sending entries to participate in Kdam Eurovision 2013, the Israeli national selection for the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest, was closed on 16 January.
Israeli biggest newspaper Israel Hayom has published today a partial list of the submitters, which include famous names, newcomers and former participants of different Israeli reality shows.
Here is the (partial) list of submitters, as published today on Israel Hayom:
- Shimi Tavori and his son (probably Daniel Tavori)
- Benny Elbaz and his son Gad
- The Elayev Family (took part in Kdam 2005)
- Gaby Shushan (took part in Kdam 2001)
- Avi Toledano (Israeli participant in ESC 1982) & Arik Sinai
- Moran Mazuz
- Moran Mazor
- Kathleen Reiter (Winner of The Voice: Israel)
- Hadar Ozeri
- Hannah Gur
- Lihi Griner (participant of Big Brother Israel) feat. 69
- The Ultras
- Marina Feingold
- Ofer Bashan
- Michael Harpaz
No official statement regarding the participants was released by IBA, the Israeli Broadcaster.
The Israeli national final will be divided into five shows, for the first time ever. 30 songs will fight for the honor of representing the middle-eastern country: Three semi-finals will be held on 26, 27 and 28 Februarywith ten songs each. The top three will go directly to the final, and the 4th place will go to the ‘second chance’ round. The final will be held on 7 March.
The Ultras (feat. Pablo Rozenberg) – Romanticanos [Not Kdam Entry]:
Kathleen Riter – Set Fire To The Rain [From The Voice: Israel]: