Romania has chosen! Luminita Anghel & Sistem will represent the country in the semifinal of the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest with the song Let me try, written and composed by Cristian Faur.
Luminita Anghel & Sistem topped the televoting already as soon as the lines were opened and managed to stick to the first position. Only the jury could have prevented them from going to kiev with their song. The jury particulary gave its points to Luminita Anghel & Sistem and Loredana Groza with Le le.
01. Luminita Anghel & Sistem – Let me try (206 points)
02. Loredana Groza – Le le (201 points)
03. Nico & Mihai Traistariu – All the time (174 points)
04. Mandinga – Soarele meu (138 points)
05. Pops – I need you so (122 points)
06. Juke Box – Lonely in heaven (116 points)
07. De la Vegas – Zi sni noapte (94 points)
08. Maria Magdalena Danaila – Learn to say good bye (93 points)
09. Centru' Civic – Living for today (83 points)
10. Academica – Heading for glory (81 points)
11. June – Come into my life (58 points)
12. Shake – You're right (39 points)
TVR decided to show the amount of votes coming in during the actual televoting, which is quite unusual. Already in the first seconds it was clear that Luminita Anghel & Sistem with Let me try was about to receive a substantial amount of votes more than the other songs. Prior to the Romanian final, Let me try already topped the TVR internet poll with 26,7 percent of the votes. At the end, they got almost half of the votes from the viewers.
Semifinal for Romania
A combination of a professional jury and televoting pointed out the Romanian representative for the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev. will participate in the semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest since Sanda Ladosi did not succeed in finishing in the top 10 last year in Istanbul.