The selection for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest is under way in Lithuania. After two presentation shows we now move on to the first of five heats, which will select the songs that go further to the semi-finals. LRT, the Lithuanian broadcaster has revealed the songs taking part in the first heat.
The voting system is again different from previous years. The result will be a combination of audience and expert jury votes. We will however only find out the audience vote favourites during the live shows, whereas the jury results won’t be revealed until the following week. There will be a four man strong panel of expert judges giving their verdict in the studio, but there will also be a larger jury of undisclosed experts judging the songs. Three songs will qualify for the December semi-finals.
Among the contestants this week we find the winner of the Voice of Lithuania, Julija Jegorova as well as Latvian singer Samanta Tina. And one song’s lyrics are about this year’s winner, Loreen. The songwriters are not only from Lithuania, but also from The Netherlands, Sweden and New Zealand.
The eight songs and their authors this Saturday are:
- Vudis ir Samanta Tina – Hey chaki – mama | Music: Arvydas Martinėnas Lyrics: Gorgi
- Vincentas Linkevicius – Dance the night | Music: Mindaugas Lapinskas Lyrics: Eglė Petrošiūtė
- Gabrielius Vagelis – Sacrifice | Music and lyrics: Erik Nyholm, Niklas Hast, Sam McCarthy
- Ugne Smile – Call to you mum | Music and lyrics: Ugnė Kudlaitė Arr.: Giedrius Balčiūnas
- Saules Briolai – Loreen | Music: Vytautas Bikus Lyrics: Vytautas Bikus, Donatas Petreikis
- Valerija Iljinaite – Kate’s morning at 10:08 | Music and lyrics: Vytautas Karpauskas
- Andrius Pojavis – Something | Music and lyrics: Andrius Pojavis
- Julija Jegorova – I’ll carry you | Music and lyrics: TJ Oosterhuis, Raphaella Mazaheri Asadi, Hiten Bharadia
The first heat will air on LRT on Saturday.