The Swedes have chosen Limelights to represent their country at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004. Liselotta Östblom and Anna Jalkéus, the 12 year-old girls from Stockholm, will sing Varför jag? (Why me?) in Lillehammer.
Out of 1500 submitted songs SVT selected 10 songs for the final of Lilla Melodifestivalen 2004. During a live show tonight a jury and televoting decided on the winner. These are the results of Lilla Melodifestivalen 2004:
01. 82 points | Limelights – Varför jag?
02. 72 points | Erik Nielsen – Oh la la
03. 64 points | Ville Blomgren – Min gröna ö
04. 62 points | Reggae Boyz – Shabalabala polarn
05. 60 points | ReLi – När Jag åker moped
06. 34 points | Yazmina – Jag vill veta nu
07. 32 points | Sisters – Sjörövarvisan
08. 18 points | Girlzz – Förstå
09. 16 points | Jessica & Karin – Att ha en vän
10. 10 points | JaP – Min vän
Limelights consists of Liselotta Östblom and Anna Jalkéus. The girls are both 12 years old and from Stockholm. In Lillehammer they willl sing Varför jag? (Why me?), a song about a bullied girl who is being excluded at school.
Lilla Melodifestivalen 2004 was hosted by Mela Tesfazion, TV personality on SVT's children channel, and Magnus Carlsson, triple Melodifestivalen participant with Barbados in 2000, 2001 and 2002 and one of last year's finalists with Alcazar. As interval act Lena Philipsson presented her new single Lena Anthem.
Last year Honeypies reached the 15th place for Sweden with the song Stoppa mig! at the first Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, Denmark.