Israeli entry to be chosen tonight

by Itamar Barak 43 views

The song with which David D'Or (picture) will represent Israel in the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest will be chosen tonight, in a special broadcast of the IBA (Israeli broadcaster).

As reported a few days ago, the dispute over the new voting system of the Eurovision Song Contest is yet to be over and the IBA are still threatning to ban the song contest in Istanbul. Despite all that, the preparations to the contest continue, until a solution is to be found, Israeli paper Ma'ariv reports that today.

IBA will broadcast tonight a special show combining Maccabi Tel-Aviv's Euroleague basketball game and the program Israel selects a song. At 20:30 (local time) four video clips of the four candidate songs will be broadcasted, after which the lines for SMS and televoting will open. During the game's break a recap of the songs will be shown and also an interval act of a Eurovision medley, performed by the Pick Sister, who are very popular in Israel (and claimed several times to be happy to represent the country in the song contest in the future, not a surprise being the daughters of Tzvika Pick, composer of Diva and Hasta la vista).

The second part of the pre-selection will start after the game is over, at 22:45 (local time), and will include the voting's results. 60% of the votes will be attributed by the audience at home and at the Nokia basketball stadium, where the show will be broadcasted from. The other 40% will account for the IBA's Eurovision committee's decision.

The 4 songs to be performed by David D'Or tonight are:
Freedom
Le'ha'amin (Believe)
Bo'u Mal'achim (Come angels)
Yamim Tovim (Happy days).

'I love and cherish these songs like a father', said D'Or to Ma'ariv. 'I love them all equaly, therefore I will be happy with every decision the public makes tonight', he adds.

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!