Saturday, the third heat of the Lithuanian Eurovision Song Contest selection took place. Again, nine songs compted in Eurovizijos dainu konkursas 2004. Linas ir Simona, Saules Kliodas and N.E.O. qualified for the final.
Out of 70 entries, broadcaster LRT selected 54 (!) songs for six semifinals, of which the third was held last Saturday. The 18 songs – three per semifinal – with the highest scores in the qualifying rounds will participate in the national selection final that will take place in Kaunas on 14th February 2004. The song that will represent Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 will be selected by 50% of public vote and 50% of the commission formed by LRT.
This is the result from the heat of last Saturday:
1. Linas ir Simona – What's happened to your love – 1182 votes
2. Saules Kliodas – Stobidubap – 561 points
3. N.E.O. – Wider space: 503 points
4. V.I.P. – Look into my eyes – 392 votes
5. Fate – Say goodbye – 369 votes
6. Mad Man Moon – Sleeping – 244 points
7. SATI – Love is – 155 points
8. Weekends – If you can fly – 84 points
9. Net Profit – Waiting – 55 points
KES, Ruta and Relanium won the first heat, Mantas, Tanja ir Merlin and Lawry qualified in the second heat. The overall opinions about the songs and the show haven't been very positive. The show of last Saturday changed that opinion a bit. The third heat is considered as the best so far.