AVROTROS, the Dutch national broadcaster, has opened the submission window for the 2020 Eurovision volunteers.
Do you want to become a volunteer at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest? Do you have what it takes to become a volunteer? Do you speak fluent Dutch and English or any other foreign language ?
If so you can apply to become a volunteer at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest and get the chance to work along the 2020 Eurovision delegations, artists and will experience the backstage and fan zone areas.
Starting today, anyone interested in working as a volunteer at the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam can officially register via the volunteer platform of the project organization at www.eventmakers.nl/songfestival.
The ESC 2020 Organizing Body is looking for around 650 volunteers to work between 1-17 May 2020: good for more than 5000 hours of volunteer work.
In Rotterdam there will be many functions where volunteers can serve as hosts.
The hosts will guide the visitors around the city and in and around the Eurovision venue Rotterdam Ahoy, will provide their assistance and help out at the Eurovision Village, Press Centre, Accreditation Centre, Rotterdam Airport and at the busy public transport hubs.
The ESC 2020 venue the Rotterdam Ahoy will be also requiring a large number of volunteers. Their functions will include working at the Press Centre, Accreditation Centre, Delegation Bubble guiding guests to their seats and places during the live shows.
Major events such as the Eurovision Song Contest cannot exist without the enthusiastic efforts of many volunteers. The ESC 2020 organization is looking for hospitable people who, as ambassadors of Rotterdam, will showcase the most iconic and beatiful places in the city the thousands of international guests who expected to arrive in the city for the contest.
The volunteers will undergo an extensive training and will receive a uniform (clothing package), meals and an unforgettable experience of living the in and outs of the Eurovision Song Contest backstage.
There is already a lot of enthusiasm for voluteering at the Eurovision Song Contest. Even before the registration started, more than 200 people had registered with the Municapality of Rotterdam and the national broadcaster.
- You must be available from 1 to 17 May to be scheduled for a minimum of 5 shifts.
- You will be scheduled on a maximum of one shift per day
- You must master the Dutch and English language
- You agree with the Volunteer Agreement
- You are hospitable, enthusiastic and motivated
- You are a calling card for the City of Rotterdam
- You know Rotterdam well and know what is important for a visitor
- You are at least 18 years of age on 1 May 2020
- You ensure that you can always be on time for your (possibly early) shift.
- Please note that all kinds of traffic measures will be in force in Rotterdam and the surrounding area. You must therefore carefully consider your means of transport and any additional travel time in advance.
- Transportation Desk
- Hospitality/Opening Ceremony
- Red Carpet/ Welcome Reception
- Eurovision Village
- Official Hotels
- Accreditation Centre
- Press Centre
- Rotterdam Airport Welcome Desk/ Lounge
- Commentators Services
- Delegation Bubble Show Desk
- Rotterdam Ahoy Eurovision Venue
- Shuttle Bus Stops
- Public Transport Hubs
- Delegation Shuttle
Volunteers will be given various tasks in order to help out at the official hotels, official ESC venues (Eurovision Village and Expo Tel Aviv), Press Centre, Delegation Area, Fan Zone Area, Backstage Area, etc. They will be helping and assisting delegations as delegation hosts during the 2 Eurovision weeks.
The 2020 Eurovision Song Contest will be a co-production by three Dutch national broadcasters NPO, NOS and AVROTROS.
The 2020 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 12, 14 and 16 May at the Rotterdam Ahoy in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.