NPO, the Dutch national broadcaster, has kicked off its search for volunteers for Eurovision 2020.
The Eurovision 2020 Committee is looking for volunteeers to serve as Delegation Hosts at the forthcoming 2020 Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam. Delegation Hosts will be assisting the competing delegations in Rotterdam, guiding them throughout the city, accompanying them to the to the rehearsals, picking them up from the hotel, helping them arrange events, tours etc.
NPO is calling for volunteers to send in their applications if they wish to be part of the 2020 Eurovision edition and get a behind the scenes feel of Europe’s favourite television show.
Do you have what it takes to become a Delegation Host in Rotterdam?
What are the requirements?
If you wish to serve as a Delegation Host you must meet the following requirements:
- You are proactive, communicative, practical and you enjoy supervising and assisting them during the period that the delegations are in the Netherlands.
- You speak good English in addition to Dutch, and it is an advantage if you also speak another foreign language from one of the participating countries.
- You are available full time between 1-18 May 2020
- You can arrange your own travel to and from Rotterdam during the event or arrange a place to stay yourself. Travel and subsistence costs are not reimbursed.
- You are familiar with the city of Rotterdam and the surrounding area. You know what the city has to offer in terms of public transport, going out, restaurants, culture etc.
- You must at least 20 years of age or more.
- You don’t have a 9-5 mentality.
- You agree with the Volunteers Agreement.
What will you get in return?
- A unique experience to experience the Eurovision Song Festival up close.
- You will meet many new people and make new (inter) national contacts.
- A unique work experience on your resume.
How to apply?
You can send in your application and request to Ms. Anja Zegwaard until 15 December 2019 via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not forget to include among other things who you are, why you want to participate in this event, which languages you speak and whether you have a preference for hosting a specific country.
The 2020 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 12, 14 and 16 May at the Rotterdam Ahoy in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.