The heart of the Swedish national selection event, Melodifestivalen, was beating from Malmö tonight, where a further total of 7 acts performed on stage and fought for a place at the Grand Final, or, at least, for a second chance in the competition. But who are those who made it today?
The show was hosted at the Malmö Arena by Marika Carlsson, Eric Saade, Sarah Dawn Finer and Kodjo Akolor, who will be accompanying us throughout the entire trip around Sweden. The show’s outcome emerged exclusively by the public’s verdict, which cast its votes either by phone calls or by the event’s official app.
The acts that managed to qualify directly to the Grand Final are:
- Malou Prytz – I do me
- Hanna Ferm & Liamoo – Hold you
While a second chance for a ticket to Stockholm’s event will be given to:
- Andreas Johnson – Army of us
- Vlad Reiser – Nakna i regnet
Hence, the 3 acts that are bidding farewell to this year’s Melodifestivalen are:
- Margaret – Tempo (5th place)
- Jan Malmsjö – Leva livet (6th place)
- Oscar Enestad – I love it (7th place)
Melodifestivalen 2019 is all set to go on next Saturday with its third semi-final, live from the city of Leksand.
Melodifestivalen 2019 calendar
2 February – Semi-final 1 – Scandinavium, Gothenborg 9 February – Semi-final 2 – Malmö Arena, Malmö
- 16 February – Semi-final 3 – Tegera Arena, Leksand
- 23 February – Semi-final 4 – Sparbanken Lidköping Arena, Lidköping
- 2 March – Second Chance – Nyköpings Arenor, Rosvalla, Nyköping
- 9 March – Grand Final– Friends Arena, Stockholm