Tonight the first semi-final of this year's Latvian selection for the Eurovision Song Contest took place in Riga. Five acts have qualified for the big final of the competition to be held on February 26th at the Ventspils Theatre.
Latvia will select its Eurovision hopeful after two semi finals and one second chance round take place. Five acts will qualify from each of the semi finals directly to the big final to be held on February 26th in Riga. The rest of the participating artists will compete for two additional final spots through a second chance round to be held on February 19th. Twelve acts will fight for the Latvian ticket to the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. The winner will be selected by a combination of televoting and jury's choice.
To the final:
- Blitze –Hop (Martins Freimanis)
- Pienenu vins – You are (Jurijs Koskins, Evelina Protektore)
- Evija Sloka –Don't stop the dance (Maris Sloka & Arturs Palkevics, Guntars Racs)
- D-Family – Daylight (Labveligais Tips, Valdis Cirksts)
- Janis Stibelis – Let it be me (Janis Stibelis)
To the second chance round:
- Girts Zebulins & Flame – Rough enough (Andris Barons, Atis Zviedris)
- Dace Upite & Nikolajs Puzikovs – It's not easy (Maris Elksnis, Liga Markova & Dace Upite)
- Candy – Love is like an aeroplane (Gints Stankevics, Guntars Racs)
- Ineta Rudzite & Uldis Timma – Walking on my tiptoes (Andris Riekstins, Kriss Riekstins)
- Sabine Berezina – Let me be (Ingars Vilums)
Our readers correctly predicted 3/5 of the finalists. Blitze, Pienenu vins and D-Family have all qualified for the final, while LieneCandy and Sabine Berezina failed to do so.