The first semifinal of the 2011 edition of Festivali i Këngës is over. Nine acts qualified for the country's national final, to take place on Christmas day. Eight of them are established singers, while the other one is a newcomer.
Among the qualifyers tonight we can find several fan favourites, such as Miriam Cani & Alban Skenderaj, Kamela Islami or Dorina Garuci. The newcomer that makes it to the Albanian final has a team behind connected to Eurovision – the song has been composed by 2007 representative Frederik Ndoci and penned by Agim Doçi, lyricist for the Albanian entries in Eurovision 2004 and 2009.
These are the nine acts to qualify for the Albanian final:
- Selami Kolonja – Ëndërr Kosovë
- Miriam Cani & Alban Skenderaj – Ende ka shpresë
- Dorina Garuci – Mirëmbrëma ëngjëlli im
- Orges Toçe – Mari
- Kamela Islami – Jetova per ty
- Marsida Saraçi – Vetëm s’jemi në botë
- Dorian Nini – Mirësevini ne Shqipëri
- Hersiana Matmuja – Me cilin rri ti dashuri
- Maria Prifti – Pasuri e pasurive
The esctoday.com readers widely agreed with the actual outcome of the show. Alban & Miriam Cani, Kamela Islami, Marsida Saraçi, Dorian Nini, Selami Kolonja and Dorina Garuci were all predicted to qualify for the Albanian national final.