Switzerland is one of the few countries that chose to select its entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 this year. On December 11th, twelve participants from all across the country will fight to win the right to fly the Swiss flag in neighbour country Germany.
For the first time since 2004, Switzerland will organize a national final in order to select its entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Die grosse Entscheidungs Show is the official name of the event which is due to take place on December 11. Twelve acts will fight for the golden ticket to Düsseldorf with the winnerbeing selected 100% via televoting.
The draw of the running order was determinedbehind the closed doors of the Swiss broadcaster and this is how is looking like :
- Polly Duster – Up to you
- Duke – Waiting for ya
- Andrina – Drop of drizzle
- Bernarda Brunovic – Confidence
- Anna Rossinelli – In love for a while
- Aliose – Sur les pavés
- Dominique Borriello – Il ritmo dentro di noi
- Scilla – Barbie Doll
- CH – Gib nid uf
- Ilira and the Colors – Home
- Sarah Burgess – Just me
- The Glue – Come what may
Also, the Swiss broadcaster announced the name of the five 'Eurovision experts' that will comment the stage performance of each of the participants :
- Baschi (singer)
- Francine Jordi (2002 Swiss entry)
- Pepe Lienhard (1977 Swiss entry)
- Nik Hartmann (TV and radio host)
- Peter Reber (musician and composer)
This year, Michael von der Heide represented the Alpine landlocked country at the Eurovision Song Contest, but he failed to qualify for the final.