Eurobeat – Almost Eurovision is a musical show and an original adaptation of the Eurovision Song Contest which is curently touring New Zealand. Being described as “a musical banquet, a glamor fest and a political minefield”, the musical is set in Sarajevo and hosted by the glamorous Boyka and her “tall, pretty and dumb” co-host Sergei.
The Eurovision fever hits New Zealand as the popular musical show has already kicked-off on November 25 at the Globe Theatre in Palmerston North, 125 km north of Wellington andreceived positive feedback from local media.
The Sunshine Coast Dailynewspaper descrbes the show as: "one musical that is unlike anything you have ever seen before. There is no underlying storyline to get you thinking. In fact, there is barely any story at all. Eurobeat is just completely gratuitous fun and, in these days of global financial crises, wars and terror, there is absolutely nothing wrong with complete unbridled giggling and plenty of flag waving.”
Stage Whispers' comments are even more positive: “Eurobeat is funny, frivolous, and fabulously over-the-top… it’s a great night in the theatre, and without a doubt, the funniest production of the year.”
Here is the complete tour guide:
- Thu, November 25 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Fri, November 26 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Sat, November 27 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Thu, December 2 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Fri, December3 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Sat, December4 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Thu, December9 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Fri, December10 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Sat, December11 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Thu, December16 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Fri, December17 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
- Sat, December18 : 8.00pm – 10.00pm
For more information and bookings, visit this link.