The 14th esctoday.com TOP TEN list was presented this week. Now we will provide a complete overview and we will show you the outfits that were just missing out. Furthermore, next week's topic will be revealed.
This is the full TOP TEN:
Outfits that were just missing out
Female act category:
- Gisela (Andorra 2008)
- Marion Welter (Luxembourg 1992)
- Gina G (United Kingdom 1996)
- Åse Kleveland (Norway 1966)
- Kejsi Tola (Albania 2009)
Male act category:
- Krassimir Avramov (Bulgaria 2009)
- Thomas Forstner (Austria 1991)
- Zeljko Joksimovic (Serbia 2004)
- Knut Anders Sørum (Norway 2004)
- Daz Sampson (United Kingdom 2006)
- Dschinghis Khan (Germany 1979)
- Birthe Wilcke & Gustav Winkler (Denmark 1975)
- Sestre (Slovenia 2002)
- Coco (United Kingdom 1978)
- Ping Pong (Israel 2000)
Remarkable outfits outside the regular performances
Dana Internationa's dress she put on for the winning performance has become quite famous. Some composers got especially dressed up for their appearances, most notably Sven-Oloff Walldorff in 1974 and Ronnie Hazelhurst in 1977. Of course, some of the hosts also chose memorable outfits: In 2003, Marie N and Reynars Cowpers opened the show in colourful coats they later took off. In 1985, Lill Lindfors even lost her dress leading to one of the most famous scenes in the history of Eurovision.
This concludes the 14th TOP TEN list. Next week, we will continue with the following topic:
The list will feature singers, composers and lyricists and the ranking will be based on the relative placing they achieved when they returned after winning. Only the appearance that followed right after winning the contest will be considered in case a winner returned more than once. If a team of singer/composer/lyricists returned after winning, they will also be regarded as a team for this list and not as separate entrants.