Which acts will be competing in the remaining 2 heats in the Hungarian Eurovision national selection? The country’s national broadcaster, MTVA, has confirmed the allocation of the second and third heat in the nation’s A Dal 2018 selection.
Hungary’s national selection for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest, A Dal, kicked off last Saturday as the search for the country’s next representative begun.
Ten artists competed in the first heat of the selection, however only 6 managed to advance to the next stage of the competition.
Heat allocation confirmed
With 12 spots still remaining in the semi-final stage of A Dal, MTVA has now confirmed the next 10 acts set to compete in the second heat this coming Saturday.
Heat 2 participants
This means that the 10 remaining acts will compete in the third and final heat of the Hungarian national selection.
Heat 3 participants
- #yeahla feat. Viki Eszes – 1 szó mint 100
- Andy Roll – Turn the lights on
- Roland Gulyás – Hypnotized
- Ham ko Ham – Bármerre jársz
- Cintia Horváth & Tomi Balogh – Journey (Break your chains)
- Tamás Horváth – Meggyfa
- Maszkura és a tücsökraj – Nagybetűs szavak
- Nova Prospect – Vigyázó
- Nikoletta Szőke, Attila Kökény & Róbert Szakcsi Lakatos – Életre kel
- Reni Tolvai – Crack my code
In total, 18 artists will qualify to the semi-final stage of A Dal 2018; with 4 artists advancing from each of the 2 semi-finals, a total of 8 acts will be competing in the selection final for the right to represent Hungary at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest.
A Dal 2018 schedule
20/01: Heat 1
- 27/01: Heat 2 (Ten participants, 6 qualifiers)
- 03/02: Heat 3 (Ten participants, 6 qualifiers)
- 10/02: Semi-final 1 (Nine participants, 4 qualifiers)
- 17/02: Semi-final 2 (Nine participants, 4 qualifiers)
- 24/02: Grand final (Eight finalists, winner determined)