From 75 to 17: RTS, the Serbian national broadcaster, has confirmed the names of the 17 participants set to compete in the country’s returning national selection for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest.
This year will see the turn of Beovizija, Serbia’s past national selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest, in which artists from across the nation will be competing for the right to represent the Balkan country in the host city of Lisbon this coming May.
Having received a total of 75 entries back in December, the Serbian national broadcaster – RTS – has confirmed the names of the 17 shortlisted acts set to compete in the forthcoming national selection.
Seventeen acts to compete
Here are the 17 participating entrants and songs set to compete in Beovizija 2018!
- BASS – Umoran (Tired)
- Biber & DJ Niko Bravo – Jutros (Svatovi) (This morning (Wedding guests))
- Boris Režak – Vila (Fairy)
- Danijel Pavlović – Ruža sudbine (The rose of destiny)
- Dušan Svilar – Pod krošnjom bagrema (Under the locust tree)
- Igor Lazarević – Beži od mene (Get away from me)
- Ivan Kurtić – Ni sunca, ni meseca (Neither sun, nor moon)
- Koktel Balkan – Zato (Because)
- Lana & Aldo – Jača sam od svih (The strongest of all)
- Lord – Samo nek se okreće (Just let it turn)
- Maja Nikolić – Zemlja čuda (Wonderland)
- Osmi Vazduh & Friends – Probudi se (Wake up)
- Rambo Amadeus & Beti Đorđević – Nema te (You’re gone)
- Sanja Ilić & Balkanika – Naša deca (Our children)
- Saška Janković – Pesma za tebe (Song for you)
- SevdahBABY – Hajde da igramo sada (Let’s dance now)
- Srđan Marijanović – Bar da znam (If only I knew)
Rambo Amadeus, known for his previously Eurovision participation in 2012, will compete in this year’s Serbian selection, having last represented Montenegro at the European event.
Marko Kon, Serbia’s 2009 representative, has also placed his bid in this year’s competition, this year as a producer of the songs Ruža sudbine and Beži od mene, whilst 2010’s Milan Stanković will also compete as a composer for SevdahBABY’s entry.
Beovizija 2018 is set to kick off next month within the second half of February, however official dates for the selection are expected to be unveiled by RTS over the coming days.