Who will be competing for the right to represent Iceland at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest? We now know the names of the 12 acts set to compete in the country’s national selection, Söngvakeppnin 2018.
This evening, RÚV broadcast a special show in order to reveal their 12 bidding entrants in the nation’s upcoming Eurovision national selection, Söngvakeppnin 2018.
The show, hosted by Ragnhildur Steinunn, saw the artists and songs officially revealed for the first time, together with snippets of each of the Söngvakeppnin entries.
Earlier today, the names of the acts were accidentally leaked online ahead of the official release via an online streaming site.
Here are the 2018 Söngvakeppnin acts!
Below are the names of the 12 bidding Icelandic artists, together with their Icelandic-language and English-language titles of their entries.
- Áttan – Hér með þér/Here for you
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir, Agnes Marinósdóttir & Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir – Svaka stuð/Heart attack
- Aron Hannes – Golddigger/Gold digger
- Þórunn Antonía – Ég mun skína/Shine
- Heimilistónar – Kúst og fæjó
- Þórir Geir Guðmundsson & Gyða Margrét Kristjánsdóttir – Brosa/With you
- Tómas Helgi Wehmeier & Sólborg Guðbrandsdóttir – Ég og þú/Think it through
- Ari Ólafsson – Heim/Our choice
- Dagur Sigurðarson – Í stormi/Saviour
- Guðmundur Þórarinsson – Litir/Colours
- Rakel Pálsdóttir – Óskin mín/My wish
- Fókus hópurinn – Aldrei gefast upp/Battleline
Söngvakeppnin 2018 will kick off next month on the 10 February, in which the search for the country’s next Eurovision representative will begin.
Whilst 12 acts will be competing over the course of 2 shows, only 6 will manage to qualify to the final of the Icelandic national selection on the 3 March. Whether a wildcard act will be selected to compete in the final is expected to be revealed in due course.
Söngvakeppnin 2018 schedule
- 10/02: Semi-final 1 (Six participants, 3 qualifiers)
- 17/02: Semi-final 2 (Six participants, 3 qualifiers)
- 03/03: Grand final (Six finalists, winner determined)