The popular boyband who represented the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011, Blue, are set to tour alongside the British pop band Steps next summer.
Blue said in a Facebook post last night:
We are very pleased and excited to announce our first tour of 2018 and the following dates with our old friends Steps It has been two long years since we last toured but that changes now!
Confirmed tour dates
The tour will be across the United Kingdom, and the dates where Blue are supporting Steps are as follows:
- 26/05/18: Cheltenham, LCL Rail Stadium
- 27/05/18: Darlington, Mowden Park
- 02/06/18: Peterborough, Abax Stadium
- 03/06/18: Llanelli, Parc Y Scarlets
- 09/06/18: Canterbury, The Spitfire Ground
- 10/06/18: Yeovil, Hush Park
- 16/06/18: Colchester, Castle Park
- 17/06/18: Doncaster, Keepmoat Stadium
- 22/06/18: Dundee, Slessor Gardens
- 23/06/18: Cheshire, Bolesworth Castle
- 24/06/18: Coventry, Butts Park Arena
- 30/06/18: Ardingly, South Of England Event Centre
- 06/07/18: Limerick, Thomand Park Stadium
- 08/07/18: Belfast, The Pavilion Stormont
The band they are supporting, Steps, recently reunited and have produced many songs in the typical Eurovision dance-pop style. This has led to rumours of them competing for the UK at the Eurovision Song Contest for many years, especially since their reunion.
Tickets go on sale on Friday at 09:00 local time and will be available at Ticket Master.
Blue at Eurovision 2011
Blue represented the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf with the song I can.
They finished in 11th place with 100 points, but finished in 5th place in the televote. Blue’s 11th place remains the best result for the UK of the decade.