The 2018 Eurovision host broadcaster, RTP, is working round the clock in order to showcase an extraordinary show next May. The 2018 Eurovision host broadcaster has revealed the names of the 2018 Eurovision CORE Team members.
Portugal is all set to embrace the forthcoming Eurovision edition with open arms. Lisbon is gearing up to welcome delegations, artists, journalists and thousands of Eurovision fans next May.
It will be the very first time that both RTP and Portugal will be hosting the Eurovision Song Contest, thus the country is very keen to organize the event in the best way possible. Many people will be involved in the organization of the upcoming Eurovision edition including many familiar faces who have been involved in past Eurovision editions. The CORE Team will include a great number of Portuguese members including RTP officials and staff, they will be backed by a strong team of international professionals with great Eurovision experience.
The Portuguese national broadcaster has revealed the names of the 2018 Eurovision Core Team members:
The Core Team
- Executive Producer – João Nuno Nogueira (Ultimately responsible for the entire show and executive contact within RTP and the EBU as well as the project’s leader)
- Deputy Executive Producer / TV Producer – Paulo Resende (Leads the project production team)
- Deputy Executive Producer / Show Producer – Carla Bugalho (Head of Delegation for Portugal in Vienna 2015 and Kyivv 2017. Responsible for the television event and all the content of the shows)
- Head of Events and Logistics – Maria Ferreira (Responsible for the events around the Eurovision Song Contest as well as all issues related to logistics)
- Heads of Production – Ola Melzig and Tobias Åberg (Ola was Head of Production in Kyiv 2017, he has been involved in Eurovision since 2000. Tobias was Head of Production in Stockholm 2016). Both are responsible for the technical structure and implementation of the contest and the shows.
- Line Producer – Luís Filipe Vieira (Responsible for budget management)
- Head of Security – Alexandre Coimbra (Intendant of PSP, Public Security Police)
- Head of Accreditation – José Pinto da Fonseca (International Production Team at RTP)
- Commercial Manager – Cristina Viegas (Head of Commercial department at RTP)
- Head of Marketing and Communication – Marina Ramos (Head of Marketing and Communication at RTP. Responsible for Communication and Marketing of the event)
- Head of Press – Ana Loureiro (Media Partnerships at RTP. Responsible for Press)
The Creative Team
- Creative Manager – Gonçalo Madaíl (Deputy Head of Programs at RTP and responsible for national selection Festival da Canção)
- Art Director – Nicolau Tudela (Art Director at RTP)
- Set Designer – Florian Wieder (Designed the stage for Dusseldorf 2011, Baku 2012, Vienna 2015 and Kyiv 2017)
- Lighting Designer – Jerry Appelt (Responsible for light design in Düsseldorf 2011, Baku 2012 and Kyiv 2017)
- Senior Multicamera Director – Troels Lund
- Multicamera Directors – Paula Macedo and Pedro Miguel Martins (Multicamera directors at RTP)
- Contest Producer – Christer Björkman (Show Producer for Malmö 2013, Contest Producer for Stockholm 2016 and Kyiv 2017. Producer of Melodifestivalen, Sweden’s national selection)
- Viewing Room Director – Mattias Carlsson (Viewing Room Manager for Stockholm 2016)
- Stage Directors – Marvin Dietmann and Martin Kagemark (Stage directors for Kyiv 2017)
- Script Supervisor – Nuno Galopim (Creative Team at RTP)
The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 8, 10 and 12 May at the Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal.