The shortlist is complete! The Maltese national broadcaster, PBS, has released the final shortlisted 16 acts set to compete in the country’s forthcoming national final, MESC 2018.
Having previously released an initial longlist of 30 entries for the competition, Maltese national broadcaster PBS has revealed that a total of 16 artists are set to compete in the upcoming national final for the nation, Malta Eurovision Song Contest (MESC).
The final 16 songs were shortlisted over a course of 3 days, in which each bidding artist auditioned in front of a jury panel consisting of 7 foreign judges.
MESC 2018 finalists
The 16 acts set to compete in MESC 2018 are as follows:
- Aidan – Dai laga
- Avenue Sky – We can run
- Brooke Borg – Heart of gold
- Christabelle Borg – Taboo
- Danica Muscat – One step at a time
- Deborah C – Turn it up
- Eleanor Cassar – Back to like
- Jasmine Abela – Supernovas
- Lawrence Gray – Love renegade
- Matthew Anthony – Call 2morrow
- Mikhail Attard & Cherylis Camilleri – Breaking point
- Miriana Conte – Rocket
- Petra – Evolution
- Rhiannon Micallef – Beyond blue horizons
- Richard & Joe Micallef – Song for dad
- Tiziana Calleja – First time
Several former Maltese national selection participants feature in the nation’s upcoming final, including 2017 MESC participants Deborah C, Miriana Conte and Brooke Borg.
The Maltese national final for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest is set to take place in February 2018, the winner of which set to be determined via a 100% televote.