Yesterday, Irish broadcaster, RTÉ published this years finalists in Eurosong 2010, the Irish National final to be held on Friday, March 5th.
Thefive finalists are:
- Leanne Moore – Does Heaven Need Much More? – Written by Tommy Moran & John Waters
- Monika Ivkic – Fashion Queen – Written by Marc Paelinck & Mathias Strasser
- Lee Bradshaw – River Of Silence – Music: R. Siegel Lyrics: J. O'Flynn / José Santana
- Mikey Graham – Baby Nothing Is Wrong – Music & Lyrics by Michael Graham, Scott Newman & Yann O'Brien
- Niamh Kavanagh – It's For You – Music: Niall Mooney, Marten Eriksson & Jonas Gladnikoff Lyrics: Lina Eriksson
You can read more about the six finalists and view their photos click HERE.
The Late Late Show: Eurosong 2010 will air on Friday March 5th on RTÉ ONE television, beginning at 22:35 CET (21:35 local time).
The final five songs were chosen from over 300 entries received, by a judging panel chaired by Eurovision Song Contest 1992 winner Linda Martin and included MD, Universal Music Ireland, Mark Crossingham, showbiz agent/choreographer Julian Benson, RTÉ 2FM DJ and Eurovision Commentator, Larry Gogan, and Diarmuid Furlong head of the Official Eurovision Fan Club of Ireland.
The winner will be decided by 50% regional jury vote and 50% public televote which replicates the recent change to the rules in the Eurovision Song Contest itself.
Last year the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final was chosen by a 50/50 combination of jury and televote and appears to have answered the criticism often levelled at the voting section of the show. In 2010, this 50/50 system will now also apply to the Semi-Final qualifying stage, which Ireland will compete in, as well as to the Grand Final itself. Had this rule been in place for last year’s Semi-Final last year, Ireland would have qualified for the Final.
Ireland will compete in the second Semi-Final on Thursday 27th May for a place in the Grand Final on Saturday 29th May.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for all the latest news on the Eurovision Song Contest.