A total of six songs have been selected out of the 100 submitted entries to be performed by the Georgian entrant for Eurovision 2010, Sopho Nizharadze, on February 27th. Both Georgian and foreign composers are behind the six songs, some of them enjoying worldwide success and recognition.
These are the list of six entries to be performed by Sopho Nizharadze at the Georgian national final:
- Never give in. Composed by Tina Japaridze, Ben Robbins and Billy Livsey. Tina Japaridze co-wrote the 2009 Icelandic entry Is it true?
- Call me. Written by Brandon Stone (Besik Shpetishvili).
- Our world, by Mikheil Mdinaradze.
- Title TBA. Composed by Svika Pick, the man behind Diva, 1998 Eurovision winner, performed by Dana International; Light a candle for Sarit Hadad, who represented Israel in Eurovision 2002, and the Ukrainian entry in 2003 Hasta la vista.
- For eternity, composed by the wel-known team Carlos Coelho and Andrej Babic. Andrej composed 5 Eurovision songs for 4 different countries (Portugal 2008, Croatia 2003, Bosnia & Herzegovina 2005, Slovenia 2007 and 2009) and Carlos Coelho wrote the 2008 Portuguese entry.
- Shine, by Hanne Sorvaag from Norway, Harry Sommerdahl from Sweden and Chistian Leuzzi. Hanne is the composer behind the 2010 Norwegian entry My heart is yours.
These songs are to be performed by Sopho Nizharadze on February 27th, the date for the national final. The outcome of the show will be provided by a combination of jury vote and public vote.
Georgia will compete at the second semifinal of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest, to be held on May 27th .