The annual Melodi Grand Prix in Norway will be held tonight at Oslo’s Spektrum. Out of ten entries, only one will be chosen to represent the country in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017.
Tonight’s show will be hosted by Line Elvsåshagen and Kåre Magnus Bergh. Two rounds of voting will be held. In the first round, televoting (50%) and ten international juries (50%) will decide on the top four. Then, it will be up to the viewers at home to pick the winner.
The international juries are coming from Austria, Armenia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Malta, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Ulrikke – Places
- Jenny Augusta – I go where you go
- Rune Rudberg Band – Run run away
- JOWST – Grab the moment
- Kristian Valen – You & I
- In Fusion – Nothing ever knocked us over
- Amina Sewali – Mesterverk (Masterpiece)
- Ammunition – Wrecking crew
- Elin & The Woods – First step in faith/Oadjebasvuhtii
- Ella – Mamma boy
In case Ammunition win, it will be a real reunion of the 2005 edition that was held in Kyiv as well, as Ammunition’s lead singer is Åge Sten Nilsen who represented Norway as a part of Wig Wam. He will join Omar Naber (Slovenia) and Laura (Estonia) who also participated back at that year.
How to watch
The show will begin at 20:55 CET and will end at 23:00 CET. It will be broadcast on:
- NRK1 Online (Webstream will be available worldwide during the broadcast)