Iceland has concluded its semi-final rounds of Söngvakeppnin 2017, and we now know the six finalists who will participate in the final on 11 March!
Tonight saw the last 6 acts performing their entries live to the public for the first time. The entries were performed in Icelandic in tonight’s show, with the qualifiers being given the opportunity to perform in a language of their choice in the final next Saturday.
The qualifiers were determined by 100% televote and are:
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir – Ég veit það
- Daði Freyr Pétursson – Hvað með það?
- Aron Brink – Þú hefur dáleitt mig
This means that we say goodbye to Linda Hartmanns, Páll Rósinkranz & Kristina Bærendsen and Sólveig Ásgeirsdóttir.
In a surprise twist, a wildcard was given to one of the acts which failed to qualify from one of the 2 semi-final shows of the competition, going on to be awarded to semi-final 1 participant Hildur with her song Bammbaramm.
Next week, the final of Söngvakeppnin 2017 will take place and the line up now looks like this:
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson – Mér við hlið (Make your way back home)
- Aron Hannes Emilsson – Nótt (Tonight)
- Arnar Jónsson & Rakel Pálsdóttir – Til mín (Again)
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir – Ég veit það (Paper)
- Daði Freyr Pétursson – Hvað með það? (Is this love?)
- Aron Brink – Þú hefur dáleitt mig (Hypnotised)
- Hildur – Bammbaramm
Söngvakeppnin 2017 schedule
25/02 Semi-final 1 04/03 Semi-final 2
- 11/03 Final