Semi-final 2 of Festival da Canção 2017 has concluded in Portugal this evening and with 4 more acts qualifying, we now have our 8 finalists!
Tonight saw the final 8 participants of Portugal’s Festival da Canção 2017 selection take place in a bid to qualify to next Sunday’s grand final.
With 4 acts qualifying from the first semi-final, this evening saw a further 4 acts qualify from semi-final 2 of the festival, therefore earning the right to continue their journey in the competition in a bid to represent the nation at Eurovision 2017.
Semi-final 2 results
As with last weekend, tonight’s 4 qualifiers were determined via a combined 50% televote and 50% jury vote.
The jury results were revealed first with the top 4 acts consisting of Celina da Piedade, Lena d’Água, Beatriz Felício and Jorge Benvinda. However, did the public agree with the jury’s votes? The votes were combined and the results are as follows:
- Celina da Piedade – Primavera (Jury: 12 points / Televote: 7 points / Combined: 19 points)
- Jorge Benvinda – Gente bestial (Jury: 7 points / Televote: 10 points / Combined: 17 points)
- Pedro Gonçalves – Don’t walk away (Jury: 4 points / Televote: 12 points / Combined: 16 points)
- Lena d’Água – Nunca me fui embora (Jury: 10 points / Televote: 4 points / Combined: 14 points)
- Beatriz Felício – Ao teu olhar (Jury: 8 points / Televote: 5 points / Combined: 13 points)
- Helena Kendall – Andamos no céu (Jury: 5 points / Televote: 8 points / Combined: 13 points)
- David Gomes – My paradise (Jury: 6 points / Televote: 6 points / Combined: 12 points)
- Inês Sousa – Se o tempo não falasse (Jury: 3 points / Televote: 3 points / Combined: 6 points)
Finishing in the bottom 4 positions were Inês Sousa, David Gomes, Helena Kendall and Beatriz Felício, each of whom were eliminated from the festival.
Final next Sunday!
Eight acts remain in Festival da Canção 2017 and will each perform for a final time in Sunday’s grand final.
As with the semi-final shows, the winner of the festival will be determined via a combined 50% televote and 50% jury vote.
The winning act will then earn the right to represent Portugal at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Kyiv this coming May.
Listen to the 8 finalists
- Viva La Diva – Nova glória
- Salvador Sobral – Amar pelos dois
- Fernando Daniel – Poema a dois
- Deolinda Kinzimba – O que eu vi nos meus sonhos
- Celina da Piedade – Primavera
- Jorge Benvinda – Gente bestial
- Pedro Gonçalves – Don’t walk away
- Lena d’Água – Nunca me fui embora
Festival da Canção 2017 agenda
19/02: Semi-final 1 26/02: Semi-final 2
- 05/03: Final