The duo Fame, composed by Jessica Andersson and Magnus Bäcklund, won the Swedish national final tonight after grabbing the highest amount of points from both of the eleven regional juries and the topscore from the televoters.
Fame will represent Sweden with Give me your Love. Magnus Bäcklund won the Swedish counterpart to Operación Triunfo, called Fame Factory, while Jessica Andersson also took part in the series.
This is the outcome of Melodifestivalen 2003:
01. Fame; Give me your Love; 240 points
02. Jan Johansen & Pernilla Wahlgren; Let your Spirit fly; 178 points
03. Alcazar; Not a Sinner, nor a Saint; 172 points
04. Jill Johnson; Crazy in love; 122 points
05. Sanna Nielsen; Hela värden för mig; 93 points
06. Sarek; Genom eld och vatten; 55 points
07. Afro-Dite; Aqua Playa; 48 points
08. Östen med resten; María; 21 points
09. Bubbles; T.K.O. (knock you out); 10 points
10. Barbados; Bye bye; 7 points
Fame after their victory in Globen
More than 1.2 million televoters called for one of the ten acts tonight. The high number of televotes received hit a new record of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Iceland).