The viewing figures of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest in Austria have now been published. Although the country did not take part, both semi finals were broadcast. However, only the voting of the grand final was broadcast live, the actual contest was shown afterwards.
These are the viewing figures for all shows as broadcast on ORF1(these are average viewing figures, not peak figures):
- 1st semi final (broadcast at 00:45 CET) – 41,000
- 2nd semi final (broadcast at 00:21 CET) – 46,000
- Presentation of the songs in the final (16th May, 20:15 CET) – 227,000
- Voting in the grand final – 223,000
- Eurovision Song Contest 2009 (broadcast at 00:20 CET) – 72,000
The Life Ball programme, which was broadcast between the song presentation and thefinal on Saturday was watched by 439,000 people.
Austria withdrew from the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 and has not returned this year. The last Austrianentry in the competition was Get a life – get alive by Eric Papilaya in 2007, which finished 27th and hence second last in the semi final.