RAI, the Italian national broadcaster has revealed the names of the 12 Giovani hopefuls who will compete in the newcomer category at the forthcoming 2017 Sanremo Song Festival in Sanremo, Italy.
The winner of the 2017 Sanremo Song Festival (Campioni Category) will be eligible to represent Italy at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv.
Sanremo has been platform used traditionally by RAI in order to select the Italian Eurovision act, since the country’s return to the contest in 2011 with the exception of 2014 when Italy went internal and selected Emma Marrone.
The 2017 Sanremo Song Festival will run for 5 nights from 7-11 February at the Ariston Theatre in Sanremo and will be once again conducted by Carlo Conti.
- 07/02- Notte 1
- 08/02- Notte 2
- 09/02- Notte 3
- 10/02- Notte 4
- 11/02- Grand Final
Sanremo 2017- Giovani category candidates
- APRILE & MANGIARACINA- Il cielo di Napoli
- CAROLA CAMPAGNA- Prima che arrivi il giorno
- CHIARA GRISPO –Niente è impossibile
- FRANCESCO GUASTI- Universo
- LA RUA- Tutta la vita questa vita
- LELE- Ora Mai
- LEO STAIN- Ciò che resta
- MALDESTRO- Canzone per Federica
- MARIANNE MIRAGE- Le Canzoni Fanno Male
- THE SHALALALAS- Difficile
- TOMMASO PINI- Cose che danno ansia
- VALERIA- La vita è un’illusione
2016 saw Stadio voted as the winner of the 66th Sanremo Music Festival, receiving 43% of the final vote. Unable to compete in the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest due to tour commitments, Sanremo runner-up Francesca Michielin was selected to represent Italy in the city of Stockholm with her Sanremo entry, No degree of separation.
Michielin received a total of 124 points in the Grand Final of Eurovision 2016, finishing in 16th position.