Ukraine and NTU will be hosting the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest. The official bidding race for the lucky city has kicked off today. Where are we heading next year for Eurovision? Kyiv? Lviv? Odessa? Dniepro? ….
There are a number of requirements set by the EBU that a Eurovision host city has to meet. One of the key factors being security, the city is responsible along with the host broadcaster to guarantee the safety of all those attending the event including: artists, delegations, press, fans and guests.
The host city will have to provide a significant financial contribution towards the organization of events in the city during the Eurovision Song Contest period.
The 2017 Eurovision Song Contest host city will have to meet the following requirements:
- Venue– A venue that can accommodate at least 7,000 spectators, preferably 10,000. The venue should meet the EBU’s technical/quality requirements.
- Security -The candidate cities in cooperation with the Ukrainian state bodies have to guarantee the safety of journalists, delegations, fans, guess throughout the Eurovision period in compliance with the EBU.
- Press Centre– A press centre which can accommodate at least 1,550 journalists located near the Eurovision venue.
- Accommodation– Hotel capacity to accommodate artists, delegations, press and fans/ official hotels. At least 2,000 rooms should be available (1,000 for delegations/1,000 room for media and fans) with a wide price range. Hotels should be located close to venue and in the city centre.
- Euroclub venue- the official party hub for delegations, artists used for parties and promo events. Should be located in close proximity to the hotels, city centre and venue.
- Transport- modern transportation system in the city/ international airport connections/ airport-city transport/ shuttle buses for delegations/ shuttle bus service (official hotels/Euroclub/venue/press centre).
- Welcome Reception/ After Parties -potential venue proposals that can accommodate up to 3,000 persons (press, delegations, artists)
- Social Program during Eurovision– sightseeing tours, cultural events, hospitality etc.
- Promotional campaign of the host city- international and local promotion of the event and host city.
- City Branding– ads, billboards, placards, posters, banners, lights and decorations showcasing the Eurovision logo and theme art throughout the host city. The city is required to create a unique Eurovision atmosphere and ambiance promoting the event.
The dates for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest have been set on 09, 11 and 13 May (these are the potential dates and are subject to change).
The announcement of the 2017 Eurovision host city is expected to take place in August. Where would you like to go for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest? Kyiv? Lviv? Odessa? Dniepro?