Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2016, the Maltese national selection, kicks off this evening with the semi-final of the event. Twenty acts will compete in tonight’s show, but which 14 acts will qualify to tomorrow’s grand final?
Hosted by Ben Camille at the Mediterranean Conference Centre in Valletta, the semi-final of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest (MESC) takes place this evening where the 20 shortlisted acts will perform their entries live to the public and jury.
Tonight’s 14 qualifiers will be decided via a combined public and jury vote; the jury will have 6/7 say in the results whereas the public will decide the final seventh of the vote.
A number of former MESC participants will be competing in this year’s Maltese selection along with Malta’s 2002 representative Ira Losco, who will compete in tonight’s show with 2 entries.
MESC 2016 participants
- Ira Losco – Chameleon (Invincible)
- Corazon – Falling glass
- Stefan Galea – Light up my life
- Domenique Azzopardi – Empty hearted
- Dario Misfud Bonnici – I love you
- Daniel Testa – Under the sun
- Jessika – The flame
- Jasmine Abela – Alive
- Raquel Galdes – Flashing lights
- Brooke – Golden
- Kimberley Cortis – Lighthouse
- Sarah Crystal – Right here with you
- Danica Muscat – Frontline
- Christabelle Borg – Kingdom
- Franklin Calleja – Little love
- Dominic – Fire burn
- Ira Losco – That’s why I love you
- Lawrence Gray – You’re beautiful
- Maxine Pace – Young love
- Deborah C – All around the world
How to watch[alert-info]
The MESC 2015 semi-final will air this evening from 20:50 CET on the following channels:
- Live webcast via tvm.com.mt
Last year’s Maltese representative, Amber will open tonight’s show with her 2015 Eurovision entry, Warrior. The interval act will consist of performances by Maltese bands The Crown and The New Victorians.
Which 14 acts would you like to see qualify to tomorrow night’s grand final?