Loïc Nottet set a high standard last year with his Rhythm inside. Belgium has to live up to high expectations, and the five artists that want to follow suit with Nottet will need to prove that they have what it takes to climb up higher than the fourth position.
Tonight the Belgian Dutch-language broadcaster VRT will start its national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the first installment of the Eurosong 2016 series.
The five candidates will perform a cover of a Eurovision song before the experts Alexader Rybak (Eurovision 2009 for Norway) and Stijn Kolacny. All of the singers will remain in the competition, as the ticket to Sweden will be allocated in the final gala.
The covers that we will see tonight are as follows:
- Adil will perform Johnny Logan’s Hold me now, the winning entry for Ireland in 1987
- Amaryllis shall sing Euphoria, which gave the victory to Loreen for Sweden in 2012
- Laura will perform Turkey’s 2010 song Düm tek tek, by Hadise .
- Astrid has been assigned another Turkish entry, Sertab Erener’s winning song in 2003 Every way that I can
- Tom has a special treat: Belgium’s last and highly successful entry Rhythm inside that Loïc Nottet sang in Vienna last year
How to watch
Eurosong 2016 can be watch tonoght from 20:25 CET on:
- The Belgian channel Eén
You can also follow the events in the Belgian national selection through:
Eurosong 2016 calendar
- First live show – 3 January 2015
- Second live show – 10 January 2015
- Final – 17 January 2015