DR, the Danish broadcaster, has announced the names of the ten hopefuls to represent the country in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. The Danish final will be held on 31st January in Herning.
Almost 700 songs were submitted to DR for the 2009 preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest. Out of them, six were selected to compete in the Melodi Grand Prix final. Four more artists, namely Jeppe Laursen, Jimmy Jorgensen, Marie Carmen Koppel and Johnny Deluxe, were invited by the broadcaster to participate.
The full 2009 Melodi Grand Prix final lineup is as follows:
- Niels Brinck – Believe again (Ronan Keating, Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Larsson)
- Claus Christensen – Big bang baby (Troels Holdt, Lars Malm and Lise Cabble)
- Christina Undhjem – Underneath my skin (Brian Risberg Clausen and Mads Haugaard)
- Hera Bjork – Someday (Christina Schilling, Jonas Gladnikoff, Henrik Szabo and Daniel Nilsson)
- Sukkerchok – Det' det' (Lasse Lindorff, Mogens Binderup and Lise Cabble)
- Trine Jepsen – I never fall in love again (Claes Andreasson,Torbjorn Wassenius, Johan Sahlen and Niels Kvistborg )
- Jeppe Laursen – Lucky boy (Jeppe Laursen)
- Jimmy Jorgensen – Alice in the Wonderland (Mikael Erlandsson, Torbjorn Wassenius, Claes Andreasson and Birgitte Rye)
- Johnny Deluxe – Sindssyg (Noam Halby, Jakob Glaesner and Peter Kvint)
- Marie Carmen Koppel – Crying out your name (Marie Carmen Koppel and Dan Hemmer)
Trine Jepsen represented Denmark in 1999 together with Michael Teschiachieving a top ten placing. Icelandic Hera Bjork, has was one of the backing singers of Euroband who represented Iceland in Belgrade and Niels Brinck's song, Believe, was composed by Boyzone member Ronan Keating, host of the 1997 Eurovision Song Contest and interval act performer along with Boyzone. Norway born Christina Undhjem has already tried her luck twice in the Norwegian preselection in 2006 and 2007.
More information on the participants will follow shortly.
The Danish final wil be hosted by Birthe Kjær, who represented the country in 1989 together with with television and radio presenter, Felix Smith.