More names to compete at the Icelandic selection for Eurovision 2009 have been revealed. Local newspaper DV published a list comprising 9 artists, to be joined by one of the leading singers in the country, IngÃ³, as esctoday.com revealed yesterday.
A total of 16 artists are set to compete in the 4 heats of the Icelandic selection for Eurovision 2009, Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins, to be held in January. Local newspaper DV revealed more names to enter the competition. The evening diary claims that it seems to be a "generational change" because most of the singers are young and different from the typical ones who enter the Eurovision selection. Ten acts are known so far, andthe provisory list sets as follows (artist and composer):
- Klara Ósk Elíasdóttir(Nylon) for Heimir Sindrason
- Jógvan Hanson for Hallgrímur Óskarsson
- Seth Sharp for Óskar Páll Sveinsson
- Jóhanna Guðrún (Yohanna) for Óskar Páll Sveinsson
- Aðalheiður Ólafsdóttir(Heiða Idol) for Halldór Guðjónsson.
- Halla Vilhjálmsdóttir for Trausti Bjarnason.
- Kaja Halldórsdóttir for Albert G. Jónsson.
- Ólöf Jara Skagfjörð for Valgeir Skagfjörð
- Arnar Jónsson and Edgar Smári Atlason (from Luxor) for Torfi Ólafsson
- Ingó for Hallgrímur Óskarsson
Special thanks to Ásgeir Jónssonof DV newspaper for the submission of the information.