Bulgaria held the first quarter final in their search for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest tonight. Three songs out of each heat broadcast so far competed for three tickets in the semi final.
The following entries made it to the semi final:
- Prima Vista – Let's spread love
- Iskra & Misha Iliev – Dokosni me
- Deyan Dzhenkov – Imam tvoeto ime
Ruth, who was the clear winner of the esctoday.com poll, did not qualify and even finished last in the televote.
The complete results:
- Deyan Dzhenkov – Imam tvoeto ime – 24.14 %
- Prima Vista – Let's spread love– 19.66 %
- Iskra & Misha Iliev – Dokosni me – 13.46 %
- Perfect Stranger – I promise – 12.98 %
- I Velina – Ready for love – 10.43 %
- Tereza Kolarova – Samo endo more – 9.10 %
- Venelina Milanova – Neka s pesen – 5.45 %
- Iliyan Tsvetanov – Tozi Ritam – 2.55 %
- Ruth – Sometimes – 2.23 %
After the three quarter finals, another nine songs will be chosen by a jury.
The semifinal of the Bulgarian preselection will be held in January. 18 songs will take part there – the 9 qualifers from the heats, and another 9 songs selected by a committee, from those who didn't qualify from the heats, or new songs.