The ESCToday National Chart is a chart that predicts who is going to win a national selection based on various reactions and rankings, before the selection kicks off. As Söngvakeppnin 2016 will kick off tonight, it is time to see who has the best chances to win among the participating songs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- YouTube Ranks (30%) – Based on the various ‘my personal top’ recaps that are uploaded to YouTube. The act with the highest average ranking gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- YouTube Views (30%) – Based on the popularity of the songs and artists based on the view count of the official videos or the video with the highest amount of views in case there is no official video. The act with the highest amount of views gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- ESCToday’s Poll (30%) – Based on our readers’ and followers’ opinions who voted in the poll we have launched earlier this week. In case of a tie, all songs with the same amount of votes get the average amount of points (for example three songs sharing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will get 29 points each)
- ESCToday’s Team Opinion (10%) – Based on the team’s opinions regarding each entry and its chances to win the national selection
|1||Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir – Raddirnar||30||30||30||10||100|
|2||Sigga Eyrún – Kreisí||18||27||22||6||82|
|3||Elísabet Ormslev – Á ný||21||24||25||7||81|
|4||Karlotta Sigurðardóttir – Óstöðvandi||27||15||27||8||77|
|5||Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir & Hjörtur Traustason – Hugur minn er||15||25||15||4||68|
|6||Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir & Guðmundur Snorri Sigurðarson – Spring yfir heiminn||24||21||18||9||54|
|7||Alda Dís Arnardóttir – Augnablik||25||12||22||3||46|
|8||Ingólfur Þórarinsson – Fátækur námsmaður||9||18||9||1||43|
|9||Erna Mist & Magnús Thorlacius – Ótöluð orð||12||9||9||8||29|
|10||Helgi Valur Ásgeirsson – Óvær||6||5||5||5||27|
|11||Pálmi Gunnarsson – Ég leiði þig heim||3||6||9||7||25|
|12||EVA – Ég sé þig||5||3||3||2||20|
- Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir picked the first place in each of the factors of the chart, getting a total of 100 out of 100 possible points.
- Karlotta Sigurðardóttir were the runner-up among the ranks and the poll but managed to get only the fourth place due to low YouTube views, placing her five points away from the second place of the chart.
Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir – Raddirnar: Winner of Iceland’s ESCToday National Chart