The ESCToday National Chart is a chart that predicts who is going to win a national selection based on various reactions and rankings, before the selection kicks off. As UMK 2016 will kick off tonight, it is time to see who has the best chances to win among the participating songs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- YouTube Ranks (30%) – Based on the various ‘my personal top’ recaps that are uploaded to YouTube. The act with the highest average ranking gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- YouTube Views (30%) – Based on the popularity of the songs and artists based on the view count of the official videos or the video with the highest amount of views in case there is no official video. The act with the highest amount of views gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- ESCToday’s Poll (30%) – Based on our readers’ and followers’ opinions who voted in the poll we have launched earlier this week. In case of a tie, all songs with the same amount of votes get the average amount of points (for example three songs sharing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will get 29 points each)
- ESCToday’s Team Opinion (10%) – Based on the team’s opinions regarding each entry and its chances to win the national selection
|1||Annica Milán & Kimmo Blom – Good enough||30||20||29||7||86|
|2||Mikael Saari – On it goes||26||22||17||8||73|
|3||Saara Aalto – No fear||28||28||7||10||73|
|4||Cristal Snow – Love is blind||15||25||24||7||71|
|5||Barbe-Q-Barbies – Let it out||22||14||26||9||71|
|6||Rafaela Truda – Rise up||20||30||11||9||70|
|7||Eini – Draamaa||14||24||21||6||65|
|8||Gušani Brothers – Poom poom||16||15||21||8||60|
|9||Pää-Äijät – Shamppanjataivas||10||26||14||3||53|
|10||Tuuli Okkonen – Don’t wake me up||25||18||4||5||52|
|11||Clemso – Thief||12||10||24||3||49|
|12||Ylona – Blazing fire||24||16||4||4||48|
|13||Attention 2 – Ready for the show||6||8||29||5||48|
|14||Sandhja – Sing it away||18||12||7||10||47|
|15||Lieminen – Pehmeiden arvojen vaalijat||5||2||17||6||30|
|16||Mikko Herranen – Evil tone||4||6||15||4||29|
|17||Pietarin Spektaakkeli – Liian kuuma||2||4||11||2||19|
|18||Stella Christine – Ain’t got time for boys||8||5||4||2||19|
- Although Annica Milán & Kimmo Blom are the winners of the chart, they managed to take the first place with only 86 points. All previous chart winners managed to get at least 90 points while winning
- Only three points separate between the second and sixth places, means they all are possible candidates to represent Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016. Among them we can find Mikael Saari and Saara Aalto who were runner ups in the Finnish selections of 2013 and 2011 respectively and Cristal Snow who finished third in 2008.
- Rafaela Truda gained much attention while leading the views section, with 32K more views than the runner up Saara Aalto.
Annica Milán & Kimmo Blom – Good enough: Winner of Finland’s ESCToday National Chart