France: 280 song submissions for Eurovision 2016

by Jessica Weaver 51 views0

Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

France 2, the French national broadcaster, has received a total of 280 song submissions for the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest.

Following the national broadcaster’s confirmation that France would be competing in the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, it was later revealed that the broadcaster would opt for an internal selection in order to select the upcoming French representative. Artists and composers wishing to represent the nation had until the 31 October in order to submit their song in order for their entries to be considered for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.

Speaking to Télé-Loisirs about the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, France 2’s Director of Entertainment Nathalie André revealed that the French national broadcaster had received a total of 280 song submissions in total for the upcoming contest, one of which will be internally selected to represent France at the 2016 event in the host city of Stockholm.

We have received a total of 280 songs. We began working on the project in August with the new French Head of Delegation Edoardo Grassi. We hope to find a song that matches our era.

As part of the rules regarding the song submission process, entries were required to be performed in French for at least 80% of the song, whilst the remaining 20% could be performed in any language of the artist or composer’s choice. Discussing the choice of language for the upcoming French entry, Nathalie went on to say:

This year, our entry we will probably include some English. Everything will depend on the way we select. If a French song brings us to tears, we will do everything in French. For now, there are at least four tracks that we very much like from what we’ve received.

Talking about the reluctance from big record labels when it comes to submitting entries for the Eurovision Song Contest, Nathalie revealed:

I get a lot of proposals on social networks of names of artists who the public would like to see at Eurovision. But understand one thing; artists are not lining up at the gate to compete at Eurovision. Only 10% of record companies see the positive side of 200 million viewers.

Over the coming weeks, a special committee will listen to each of the 280 submitted entries who will then go on to decide which act will represent France at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.

Last year, Lisa Angell was internally selected to represent France at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest with her entry N’oubliez pas. In the grand final, France received a total of 4 points, finishing in 25th place.

Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest news on France and the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!